Everyone has their favorite closet staple. Whether it’s your perfectly worn out jeans, your
classic bomber jacket, or your favorite tee shirt, getting dressed in the morning just isn’t the
same without it.
With summer just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to make a tee shirt into your
everyday dressing ritual. The outfit combinations are endless, so get creative with what you pair
with your tee shirt. Just remember that in fashion, nothing is off limits!
Here are 5 reasons why you need a tee shirt as your summer staple, and how to wear it:
1. With denim cut offs: This is the most classic summer look of all. For the ultimate casual
look, toss on your fav tee with a pair of rough-hem denim cutoffs and some comfy
2. Under a slip dress: This look can be dressed up or down with minimal effort. For a night
out, layer your tee underneath a silk camisole dress. Going to the beach? Layer under a
denim dress or overalls.
3. Layered with a flannel: The West Coast definitely caught onto this trend. To prepare for
changing weather, use light layers, such as a flannel, to keep from getting too chilly or
4. Tucked into a skirt: Whether you use an A-line skirt or a more fitted one, the tee shirt
and skirt combo can never go wrong.
5. Tied into a crop top: This trick is going to be your new best friend. Just gather the front
of the tee shirt together and tie it into a loose knot, and voilà! A crop top!